tahun baru cina
Thursday, February 07, 2008
"Happy New Year!". Took me seconds to realize why the hell was someone wishing me a happy new year in the middle of February! Gong Xi Fa Chai! Dodol Cina! Kue keranjang! Angpau! Barongsai! And a few more wishes followed (sayang, ga ada yang ngasih angpau hehe). So apart from the chance of being encountered by strangers Asian people in Mandarin or Cantonese (happened few times before), now I should start expecting a Gong Xi Fa Chai on a yearly basis too. Fair enough.

Anyhoo, it's funny to think that after all these years, celebrated sooo many NYE, this particular new year (whatever term you wanna refer to, both Gregorian and Chinese is applicable hehe) has brought a BIG change in my life. Some boxes been ticked and many more to-do list to add. Thing is, it could be frustating to figure out what to do next for I'm not really a thinker. I'd normally shopping around, asking people the DOs and DONTs or SHOULDs and SHOULDNTs and sorting them out, mostly on a majority basis. It works for most of the time but this year. I did ask people around, sorting them out but I felt like I was picking up a ballot. Not happy. So there I was, contemplating and asking His guidance and here I am, an Australian PR wannabe and a current jobseeker merangkap an intern at a CBD based non-profit organisation. Entahlah...PR ya PR, kepikiran for good juga iya, pengen merit juga iya (lho lho, mendadak curhat!) jalanin saja lah.

INNE ssstt.... |